add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › Laughing Off Religious Dogma

Laughing Off Religious Dogma

Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 519
The media & the general public had a good laugh over "Camping's Rapture", and deservedly so.

But what about religious dogma in general? It remains a sacred cow. Fact is- most who adhere to Christian theology DO believe that a long-dead Jewish guy (of dubious historicity) DOES hold the fate of humanity "in his hands", and WILL come again to judge the living and the dead, and they who believe in him WILL have eternal life by the dead Jewish guy's side... and this is just Christianity.

Darrell Dawsey of (Michigan) questions why Camping is treated as a nutcase (which he is), but "accepted" forms of equally-irrational religious dogma are given a "free pass":

The atheist perspective: Laughing off the 'Rapture' when we should be laughing off religion

Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 520

Melodye G.
user 14320208
Vermilion, OH
Post #: 1
My head has been crammed full of thoughts
That have wanted to burst through the top,
Like a wicked orchid growing on the slimy
Gray matter.

I have been stuffed and stuffed for weeks
And months with tasteless pap.
Spoon fed like a fragile infant being kept
From truth, clean and guileless.

I want to vomit it out, so that golden
Honeyed hopes can fill me up and shine
Through my crystallized being.
I need to rid the brainwash effect of
Dogmatic religion and media hype.

I'll become a reclusive hermit,
Meditate and be self aware.
No longer socialize with the commonplace
To seek out the sublime.

I'll turn away from collective unconsciousness
And search for my own archetypes.
View the patterns with my minds eye
To let intuition interpret.

Then maybe one day I would exit the stage
Without pretense.
I would wave goodbye knowing
I have found my stanchion
And be satisfied.

Melodye A. Gay
Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 521
Very nice, Melodye! Impressive...

This is as good an homage to freethought as I've ever seen.

laura s.
North Ridgeville, OH
Post #: 2
This is just too funny :) Whomever created it is briliant.
Suzy W.
user 10851179
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 130
I find organized religion is one of the most laughable subjects there is. Thanks for the hilarious joke!
laura s.
North Ridgeville, OH
Post #: 5
I find it interesting; when people hear voices or see "things" they are deemed crazy. Whe other's see or hear the same, it's god.
laura s.
North Ridgeville, OH
Post #: 6
I find it disgusting. The amounts of money "they" beg for & the gaudy jewel encrusted "houses" of alleged worship they build. It angers me. I wish so bad the government would tax the heck out of 'em. That will never happen because you can't question religion.