addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › Just had a bit of a shock...

Just had a bit of a shock...

Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 727
One of my greatest heroes is Clive Stafford Smith. I have just been listening to his Desert Island Discs interview from 2004. I was amazed that he wanted to take the Quran with him as his book.

Throughout my forty years long night under the crescent the one great niggling doubt I had was over the death penalty. It was for me the great inconsistency in the doctrine of Islam that I was never able to resolve or rationalise. And now this guy, my great hero, comes along and says he wants to take the Quran with him to his desert island. My flabber has never been so gasted.

Listen to the stream on the BBC
Download the .mp3 podcast
Go to the Reprieve website

Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 526
Maybe, for whatever reason, he considers the Quran to be a worthy work of fiction? That Allah is sure a hoot!

cool
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 731
Then I suggest he takes the latest version (sorry, Allah has been dropped)...

A former member
Post #: 142
My flabber has never been so gasted.

lol!