Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 541
Here's a good one that Kevin A. posted on Facebook-

laughing

Just to add some "balance"- here is a serious take on the creation story, aimed at kids:

shock
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 812
To be honest, I think the second video makes a better case than the first. Same case, of course. Hmm. Perhaps creationism should be taught in schools. With flow diagrams.
laura s.
smithbaby
North Ridgeville, OH
Post #: 8
Here's a good one that Kevin A. posted on Facebook-

laughing

Just to add some "balance"- here is a serious take on the creation story, aimed at kids:

shock
I find the first one hillarous :) The entire religious story is cartoonish. I couldn't finish watching the one aimed at kids. It's an utter disgrace that "intelligent" people believe in these fairy tales. If they would only open their eyes.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 819
Why couldn't you finish watching the second one? It's only just over four minutes. Let the kids see it, again and again. Ask them to think about it. Ask them if it makes sense. Ask them to write down what happened on each day.

Ask them to think how the world would have seemed if you didn't have any telescopes and didn't know about fossils. If the sun was as small as it appeared to be would you have thought that it would be big enough to light up the whole world? Perhaps you too might have thought that "light" was created before the sun and moon.

If, instead of showing up how silly the biblical account appears in the light of modern knowledge, you ask them to try to think how non-technological people tried to make sense of their world they might get a better understanding of the phenomenon of religion.

Then you can point out what we know now and how evidence leads to better, more accurate and useful ways of thinking. Then you introduce the ideas of conjectures, hypotheses, theories and the scientific method.

I think the second film has more educational value. The first one does all the thinking for you and, for someone brought up with the bible, is more confrontational and creates more dilemmas. Once they grasp that the biblical account is a primitive one they should be able to work out for themselves that it is outdated.

Sometimes, in teaching English, I use the dreadful Indonesian English textbooks and ask the students to identify the mistakes on a particular page. It helps them to be questioning of sources and has greater use than the purely linguistic one.

You can, by the way, see some really delightful/disgraceful examples in the Indonesian bookshops which either make you laugh hysterically or hang your head in despair. I found a peach the other day: Mastery On English Grammar.
Sam S.
secuhumatheist
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 4
You are right Rafiq. The second video makes just as much of a case for its ridiculousness as the first one does. In fact did I here a case for geocentrism in the second one. I think so
Morgan
morgan404
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 553
The “light” vs. “sun” vs. “stars” is all very confusing. If there was both light and dark, then the light was not sourceless. What was the source? And he divided the sky from the ocean... so what were they before? Mixed? Did a weird mix of ocean water, atmosphere and the near-vacuum of space fill all of reality except for the planet itself? Did that interfere with the light at all? And I though earth and heaven were created first—doesn’t that mean earth and sky? And with the earth initially being only ocean, weren’t the ocean and heavens separate even before there was light? So what is it that he separated after there was light?

I think he was padding his time report and did nothing at all on most of those days. He probably thought nobody at payroll would ever get around to reading it.

confused

Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 834
I think he was padding his time report and did nothing at all on most of those days. He probably thought nobody at payroll would ever get around to reading it.
On the first day God created management and saw that he had made something completely useless.
On the second day he divided the workers that wore blue collars from the workers that wore white collars.
On the third day he divided the working day into meetings and saw that he had really f****d things up.
On the fourth day he created powerpoint and boredom ravaged the land.
On the fifth day he created outsourcing and divided workers brother from brother.
On the sixth day he created management consultancies and utterly destroyed intelligent life.
On the seventh day he smote himself dead laughing.