The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › Sat 7/30 "Sunset Paddle & Bonfire", Chagrin River Canoe &

Sat 7/30 "Sunset Paddle & Bonfire", Chagrin River Canoe & Kayak Livery

Ellen
user 9681087
Peninsula, OH
Post #: 143
I'm going on a Sunset Paddle & Bonfire with the Northeast Ohio Adventurers next Saturday and wanted to see if anyone wants to join me.

Here's the link ­ and here are some of the details: Saturday, July 30, 2011, 7:45 PM; Chagrin River Canoe & Kayak Livery, 201 Erie Road, Eastlake, OH. This is a guided tour for all levels but you must be 18 or older. Life jackets are supplied, canoe rental is $35 per person and must be reserved ahead of time. I'm assuming there will be 2 people per boat but I'm still confirming that.

After signing waivers and a short briefing on paddling techniques and safety, we will launch our boats and make our way through the Chagrin River lagoons to Lake Erie. On the beach we will mingle around the bonfire as we enjoy an evening picnic including toasted hotdogs and s'mores. The highlight of the evening will be watching the sun set over the lake! Following the beach party, our boats will be fitted with lights for a procession back to the livery in semi-darkness.

This is an annual event for the NOA and it should be a lot of fun. Contact me by Thursday 7/28 if you're interested.
Ellen
user 9681087
Peninsula, OH
Post #: 144
here's the link: http://www.meetup.com...­
Ellen
user 9681087
Peninsula, OH
Post #: 145
PLEASE DISREGARD TOPIC- I'm not going after all... I keep forgetting I have a bad rotator cuff... it hurt for days after a short juggling lesson from Morgan at the picnic so I'm sure canoe paddling will be much worse. :-(