addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › Dick Goddard on Climate Change

Dick Goddard on Climate Change

Ray V
user 7799412
Stow, OH
Post #: 703
This was a surprise to me. John, one of our members, knew Dick's position on this and asked him to discuss what he thinks:

To me the question is not whether we had warming and cooling periods in the past but is the current warming trend caused by human Co2 emissions. He did not really address the core question here.

Overall it was great event, thanks to Dick for spending time with us!
Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 550
I couldn't find anything online about the banana stalks from the Greenland ice cap... did DG hand us a myth?

Otherwise, I can understand his "agnosticism" regarding AGW- a meteorologist =/= a climatologist. But the apparent "banana myth" bugs me a bit.
Steven F.
user 11014000
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 7
I think that Mr. Goddard was confusing Global Warming (climate change) with continental drifting in the geologic past. Ray is correct in pointing out that we humans are to blame for the current climate change not geologic or natural phenomena that were responsible in the distant past.