Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 556
It is with profound sorrow that we announce the passing of our dear friend, Mary Valenti.

Mary passed away due to complications arising from a stomach perforation & subsequent chronic infections, after bravely dealing with her MS for 20+ years. She is survived by her loving husband, Ray Valenti, loving son Brian, and many family members and friends.

We will miss Mary with all our hearts. She was present at numerous CFT events, and very much enjoyed the company of group members... and for the rest of us, it was always a great joy to have Mary there.

The details about a memorial service for Mary are forthcoming. Members, feel free to express your condolences & remembrances here.

A former member
Post #: 148
Ray and Brian,

We are so very sad to hear of your loss. Mary was a lovely person and always made us smile. She was warm and thoughtful, and always had something positive and funny to say. We will miss her, and we're here to help in any way that we can.

Sincerely,
Tiffany and Jason Balk

"What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal."
~Albert Pike

"Let no one weep for me, or celebrate my funeral with mourning; for I still live, as I pass to and fro through the mouths of men."
~Quintus Ennius

"Our dead are never dead to us, until we have forgotten them."
~George Eliot
RS
user 11420960
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 3
Sorry for your loss Ray.

RS (kingcrimson2)
Ellen
user 9681087
Peninsula, OH
Post #: 150
I'm so glad I got to know Mary these past couple of years. I will always have warm memories of her. My thoughts are with you, Ray, and your family.
Cloudberry
user 5964325
Hartville, OH
Post #: 85
I just did not see this coming, not now, so soon after pulling through the earlier crisis. And I am so so very saddened to learn the news. I will miss Mary, her cheerful smile, her easy company, her willingness to embrace everyone as friend. Ray, you and Brian must be beyond words, and I send my sincere sympathy to you, and also, to sweet, little Teddy Bear, who must be lost without Mary, as you all must be. With my whole being, all I can do is shout "No!"
Chris K
user 14145455
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 3
I'm very sad to hear of Mary's death. I had the pleasure of chatting with her on a couple of occasions. She was a very kind and outgoing person. At the time I didn't know she had MS. She must have been a very strong lady.

Chris
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 935
I can't think of suitable words to express what I am sure we all feel at this moment. A hug might have done it.

I have made a small donation to Compassion in World Farming.
Sharon W.
user 10889499
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
What a loss for our group. So sorry to hear this, Ray. I remember the last time I talked with Mary, she entertained me with stories of her Catholic upbringing. I saw her as pragmatic, optimistic and sweet, and I know she will be sorely missed.

Sharon crying
Suzy W.
user 10851179
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 135
I will miss Mary very much, Ray. I loved being with her at our group events and especially loved sharing stories about animals we've known. Recently, I was looking forward to getting back out socially more, and Mary often came to mind when looking at up coming CFT events. I know this must be such a difficult time for you and your family and I hope you are comforted by being with friends. I feel we can help each other just by being around each other.

Suzy
A former member
Post #: 17
My condolences, Ray.