Paul
user 28707792
Franklin, NC
Post #: 1
Hello all, my name's Paul.

I'm visiting this forum to gain an atheistic perspective for a college course. I would like to interview a person, or preferably a small group for an exploration project. The assignment is strictly exploratory in nature and doesn't seek to prove or disprove any group or individually held belief, but merely to express opinion. My motivation is to explore my own atheistic and agnostic impulses. I may try to attend one of the upcoming meet-ups in the coming 2-3 weeks if the folks in attendance are open to the idea. Meanwhile, I have to get my interview questions in order, so I'm not ready quite yet, just putting the word out there for those who may be interested. If you've any specific questions or want to volunteer, please reply to this thread or PM me. I hope to meet some of you folks soon.

Sam S.
secuhumatheist
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 12
Paul you can ask me any question any time. And I'm thinking a lot of us feel the same way. If you want to meet somewhere let me know. Here is my email sambricky@gmail.com. Or as you said you can try one of our meetups.
A former member
Post #: 5
Yeh Paul, most of us have no problem with you interviewing us. What area of atheism are you interested in? Next Sunday we have a meetup where 20 or more of us are gonna be there, so you can have the pick of the litter. We could also arrange a special meetup just so you could interview us.
Suzy W.
user 10851179
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 136
Paul, I wouldn't mind being asked any questions you may have. In fact, I wish more people would engage in casual, open minded, non-confrontational discussions on what they think about this subject. I am not talking about those in the FreeThinkers Group because most love to talk on this subject! I was mentioned in the Scene article that brought you to us. we all have our own ideas on this subject, however, most are non-theists or wavering agnostics. smile
laura s.
smithbaby
North Ridgeville, OH
Post #: 19
Paul- I have no prob at all with answering any inquiries. I will enjoy it.
Paul
user 28707792
Franklin, NC
Post #: 2
Thanks for responding Sam, TT King, Suzy, and Laura. I will be getting a few questions together soon for the interview. The interview has to be face to face, not by phone or email. In the meantime, this'll give you some material to chew on, here's the suggested minimum questions the instructor has established for this World Religions for Healthcare Professionals assignment: [a] any personal or family religious (or non religious) practices on a daily, weekly, or yearly basis? what aspects of your religion or non religious practices, philosophy, view points do you find attractive? [c] If you are a "convert" to non theism, what led you to the decision to embrace this view? [d] Any challanges to living a non theist life in the US? [e] Do you feel the need to pass on to others your belief/ view point to others? To your children? [f] Do you feel an advantage or disadvantage when you encounter a death or illness with your non theist belief? [g] If any of you work in the healthcare arena, how do your beliefs affect to your delivery of care [h] (questions that I come up with)

I'll try to get in touch soon, either by attending Sunday's meet or by email.
thanks again,
p
A former member
Post #: 151
Paul,

I'm open to being interviewed, as well.
Sam S.
secuhumatheist
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 13
Let us know. Not all of us may be attending the Sunday meetup. As John said we can make a meetup for this occasion.
Suzy W.
user 10851179
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 137
Paul,
A separate Meetup would be fine for me too, as long as the location is relatively close by. Otherwise you can catch me at this Sunday's Panera Meetup. :)
Suzy
Ellen
user 9681087
Peninsula, OH
Post #: 151
I'd be happy to be interviewed as well, either at a special meetup or one-on-one.