The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › If this image offends you, it should.

If this image offends you, it should.

Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 961
The Last Night

They've waited, tethered to the strange town verges
    As deals were done over their flesh
    Their price was high to match demand
    And now their last night has begun
    Filled with eerie wailing
    Terrifying chants the whole night through
    The sleepless brutes await their last dawn
    When, pinned down with amateur knees and feet
    In muddy yards
    The unskilled hands
    Will saw their necks with blunt and rusty knives
    And execute the annual holocaust
    Of gushing, wasted ovine, caprine and bovine blood.

The "sacrifice" of Eid-ul-Adha.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 968
I have just learned the astonishing news that Saudi Arabia are importing three million sheep from Sudan and Somalia to meet the "needs" of the annual Haj pilgrimage (the slaughter of animals during Eid-ul-Adha is the culmination of the rites) while, according to the Islamic Relief organisation:

East Africa is in the grip of its worst drought for over half a century. Parts of Somalia, Kenya and Ethiopia have seen no rain for three years, and food aid is the only hope of survival for over 12 million people.
If this is not obscene madness, I don't know what is.
Suzy W.
user 10851179
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 143
Agreed; this is obscene madness. And the slaughtering does go on here in the United States, they just don't promote the photographs. I wish they did. I like the truth out there for all to see.

And people are starving in East Africa and they are exporting sheep? What?

Marni T.
marniphocles
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 223
The question is, what can we really do about this? I personally feel my hands are tied, and I have absolutely no power to stop this madness. People have been sacrificing animals for thousands of years. It of course doesn't make it right, but no one's been able to stop it yet.

This burns me up more than most people could imagine, but what burns me more is that we're so powerless against this crap.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 969
No you are not powerless. You have the immense power of speech. Use it. Mobilise the minds and voices of those around you, use the hugely powerful media. Demand your representatives represent you. Campaign. Organise demonstrations outside the embassies of Muslim countries next year. Drench their steps with "blood".

The sheer obscenity of the mass slaughter of East African animals in Saudi Arabia while the people are dying of hunger - surely this is newsworthy enough?

It is only when the immensity of the madness becomes evident to everyone that something will be done. That is your power.

Silence means support. The blood and suffering is on your hands unless you raise your voices.