The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board › Our dearest Christopher Hitchens

Our dearest Christopher Hitchens

William J Dowling ...
user 19881601
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 1
I, too, grieve the loss of dear Christopher Hitchens. I regret not writing to him and expressing my gratitude for who he had been in his past, was in the present and for who he wanted to become in each moment ahead of him. He once said, "The taming and domestication of religion is the responsibility of every civilization." To me, the, "Religious," are no different than wild animals; predators of the weak and sick, the young and the old, and the innocent; unwary, and trusting.

For health reasons, I was unable to attend today's, "Hitchslap," meetup at the Winking Lizard. I missed out on hearing other people's comments and perceptions regarding dear Mr. Hitchens. There was never anyone like him and there never will be. His unfortunate death leaves a void inside my heart and guts.

I raise a glass of egg nog to him.

Bill Dowling
A former member
Post #: 6
The irony...

Jesus died to soon for the religious and Hitchens for the athiest.
Shlomoh
shlomoh
Euclid, OH
Post #: 46
God bless Hitchens; he died a loyal Jew.
Brought up without the knowledge that he was Jewish, he was vocal for the Ottoman arabs of the Land of israel; later in his life, he acknowledged his Jewishness and became friendlier to Jewish Israel. His death is a loss to all of us, Jew, gentile, Christian, atheist, agnostic, and all people really.
I will say KADDISH for him.
Shlomoh
shlomoh
Euclid, OH
Post #: 47
YITGADAL VE-YITKADASH SHEMEY RABA BE- ALMA DE-VRA CHERUTEY
VE-YAMLICH MALCHUTEY BE-CHAYACHON UVGE- YOMECHON UVE-DECHAYEY DE CHAWL BEYT YISRAEL VE-IMROO AMEN