The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board › Indoctrination Chorus

Indoctrination Chorus

Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,045
For those who may not have been following the facebook thread, Mark T among many others has got miffed at some eejut un-desecrating the words of John Lennon and decided to fight back with a vengeance by putting meaningful words to Handel's Hallelujah Chorus.

This was Mark's first shot across the bows:

Now we want to really blow the opposition out of the water. We want to do the real thing properly now with a full choir (digitally mixed so you don't have to stand around supping hot cocoa in draughty village halls or anything). There has been an enthusiastic start from the Cleveland Freethinker facebookers and I think it is time to extend the invitation to as many Secular Songsters as possible.

The sheet music and .mp3 files of the orchestra and the four sung parts of Hallelujah Chorus to sing along to are available from Choral Resources for Secular Singers where you can also download a copy of Audacity – the software you will need to record and edit your contribution.

When you have your track ready for mixing please email me via meetup and I will tell you how to get it to me.

Thanks!
Nita
user 8667892
Akron, OH
Post #: 7
Bravo! (standing ovation here) Well done!
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,049
Too early, Nita. We haven't done it yet. I hope you are going to join in? It will be great fun when it is done.

By the way, can those who are in the mailing list please tell the others about the project and the link to get the resources (www.seditiouspress.com/Choral­)? Thanks.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,073
How are people getting on with recording their song parts? Any problems or suggestions?

Can we pin this thread to keep it prominent until we have finished mixing? Thanks.