The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › I am a Pyrrhonian skeptic; ask me anything.

I am a Pyrrhonian skeptic; ask me anything.

Nick R.
MJongo
Barberton, OH
Post #: 8
In other words, I hold no beliefs that are not tautologous in meaning. I will answer any and all questions pertaining to my Pyrrhonism in the hopes that I may possibly educate other people on the topic.
Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 572
Does God exist? (Or anything resembling a god?)
Nick R.
MJongo
Barberton, OH
Post #: 9
Does God exist? (Or anything resembling a god?)
It depends on what one means by "God". If the definition contains a contradiction (i.e. being both completely human and completely not-human at the same time), then no. Otherwise, I do not know if a God or gods exist or not.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,061
Does it matter whether a god exists?
Nick R.
MJongo
Barberton, OH
Post #: 10
Does it matter whether a god exists?
If by "matter" you mean "necessarily make a detectable difference in one's experiences", then no; in fact the same holds true for any existential proposition, whether it is about god, other minds, or even an external reality. This is easily illustrated by brain-in-vat thought experiment scenarios: I might be a brain in a vat, being fed sensory experiences through a tube; however, it doesn't matter from my point of view, as I could not tell the difference either way.

If you mean "matter" in some normative way, then I'm afraid I do not know.
Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 574
Do you believe in God? Per ANY definition commonly used today?
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 1,062
Including the acronym: Grand old delusion?

(or even A lot of loud aggressive hysteria?)
Nick R.
MJongo
Barberton, OH
Post #: 11
Do you believe in God? Per ANY definition commonly used today?
I lack a belief in the existence of a God or gods.
Suzy W.
user 10851179
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 151
What do you think happens when you die? Do you hold any ideas beyond the idea that one's body breaks down and goes back to the earth?
Nick R.
MJongo
Barberton, OH
Post #: 12
What do you think happens when you die? Do you hold any ideas beyond the idea that one's body breaks down and goes back to the earth?
I hold no beliefs about what happens when I die.