addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
Marni H.
marniphocles
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 311
I'm sure a lot of our members probably already volunteer around the area at holiday time, but I was wondering how many would be interested in doing something this holiday season, like a food drive, a pet food bank, helping give meals to the elderly and homebound, or doing our own creative thing! I'd like to get a bunch of ideas and thoughts and discussion on this. The holidays are coming up fast!
Marni H.
marniphocles
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 312
Maybe helping with something like this: http://www.peace4anim...­
Morgan
morgan404
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 619
Good idea. Time to start thinking about that!

I like the idea of something that could benefit from either labor/time or donations (financial, supplies, whatever). That gives people two ways to contribute.
Sam S.
secuhumatheist
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 36
The Cleveland food bank is always an option
A former member
Post #: 90
I like the animal charity idea. Domesticated animals are so helpless. They are forever children - furbabies. They need help the most.
Marni H.
marniphocles
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 324
Let's also not forget that we're a team member of HandsOn Northeast Ohio. If you join our team, we get points for every volunteer project completed. You have to attend an orientation session and register on the site in order to sign up for projects. They hold orientations on a regular basis.

www.handsonneo.org

Marni H.
marniphocles
Group Organizer
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 327
So, the next step is what do we do, and when and where :)
Alida t.
user 42635912
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 2
I'm in- Hands On has limited group projects-there is one all day on the 21st at Eliza Bryant -9 places at this time

also anyone interested in going chinese on 12/25 I usually go to the Siam Cafe in Asiatown
Alida t.
user 42635912
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 3
theres are 8 places at the food bank in kitchen 8:30-10:30 12/24
Alida t.
user 42635912
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 4
added my name to 8:30 spot 12/24 food bank in kitchen 7 places left