addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Cleveland Freethinkers Message Board The Cleveland Freethinkers Discussion Forum General Discussions › The Positive Side of Atheism

The Positive Side of Atheism

Mark T.
user 4783078
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 25
ATHEIST: one who does not believe in the existence of deities

For myself, the definition of Atheist is that simple. smile

Theists who can't comprehend why anyone could possibly NOT believe in a deity like to use somewhat different definitions, such as one who denies the existence of God... or, one who rejects or is ignorant of theism. To me, the 1st of these implies that all atheists are out to "prove" that God doesn't exist; the 2nd implies that theism is the natural position.

I have sensed some frustration among Freethinkers- stemming from Atheists & Agnostics having only, shall we say, "negative assertions".

So what about the positive? Here's a start:

ATHEIST: one who believes that the universe is, and has always been, perpetuated by purely natural forces

Any other ideas?

Mark T. cool