addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 20
I was reading a passage from a book I saw on a library shelf on Merv Griffin. The author talks about his close relationship with Nancy Reagan and her telling Merv about her belief in astrology (and Ronnie believes in it too)! While this is odd and a little alarming she also admitted Ronnie's alzheimers began in the 3rd year of his second term! I found this shocking that they would hide this fact from the public or that he didnt resign. When this desease starts you can be totally normal and then suffer from delusions. A man with the nuclear codes ...yipes!
Suzy W.
Suzylynn
Rocky River, OH
Post #: 69
Very interesting and scary that they allowed this. My parents both have Alzheimers and I have seen many different aspects of it.
Willard B.
WillardBrickey
Cleveland, OH
Post #: 5
Frightening but not new. At least one biographer (I forget which one) claimed Washington showed signs of senility in his second term. Of course, Washington didn't have access to nuclear weapons...
Ever read the Constitution on the legal procedures to follow if the president becomes incapable of holding office? I forget which amendment it is; it's one of the later ones. Strange and fascinating legislation.
Rafiq M.
RafiqMahmood
Bogor, ID
Post #: 634
Twenty-fifth.