addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Cleveland Game Developers Message Board Member Portfolios › Electron Tank - Please Test

Electron Tank - Please Test

Scott
Allusion
Westerville, OH
Post #: 43
Hi Everybody. I showed my current project tonight and some of you asked for me to post it on the site... so here it is:

Electron Tank

What I really would like to know is... is it fun? I can make tweaks here and there, and there are quite a few bugs that I need to fix. But looking for any gameplay or other critique that the community might have.

I noticed that some people were having a hard time with the controls. I will be working on that to next. Right now the arrow keys move, and WASD fire in their respective direction. I will be adding a feature to swap the arrows and WASD for those who are more comfortable controlling the tank that way. This was a great idea and I couldn't have thought of it without you guys.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott
Allusion
Westerville, OH
Post #: 44
Added an option on the controls. You can now swap WASD and the arrow keys.

I don't have any instructions in the game yet so here are the basics:

• Goal: Destroy enemy bases.
  • You don't have to destroy each enemy ship to advance, just the bases.
  • Enemy bases spawn ships so the faster you destroy them, the easier it will be.
  • Enemy bases drop powerups when destroyed.
  • There are circuit board pieces to collect. Collect 10 to receive two free powerups at the start of each level. Keep collecting to get even more.
  • There is one boss base so far, will add more.

Note on difficulty level:

• You can select difficulty 1 thru 10, easy to hard.
  • Harder difficulty levels have different ships, more ships, and tougher bases.
  • More difficulties exist thru 20, 20 being impossible.
  • Difficulty increases every 3 or 4 levels (when entering a new world).

A former member
Post #: 37
I like the Zelda 1/Contra aspect of it – spread gun FTW! I think it could be fun for retro gamers. Personally, I wasn't into the 8-way controls, but if it's not aimed at someone who feels that way, it doesn't matter.

The first thing I noticed was that I had no idea what I was allowed to run into, or move through. I got used to it quickly, but I didn't feel that learning the scenery by testing it was that important, for most objects. I recommend increasing the saturation contrast between interactive objects, and background graphics.

I could not get it to run, past the first screen, in a WebKit browser, and there was no sound in Firefox. Also, my computer got much hotter than I expected.