clj-melb Message Board › IRC?

IRC?

Mark M.
user 2548936
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 2
I was thinking it may be nice to have a Australian Clojure irc channel on freenode?

What do people think of the idea? I find it's nice to be in a room with the local community, where you can actually get to know people, rather than just be one person in amongst 600.

I was thinking something something like #clojure-au or #clj-au.

I'm on freenode pretty much all the time anyway, so happy to create it and spread the word around (Side note, if anyone was irccloud.com invites let me know, I have some).

Thoughts?
Hank
frphank
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 2
Sure. I'm on IRC all the time anyways.

I was thinking it may be nice to have a Australian Clojure irc channel on freenode?

What do people think of the idea? I find it's nice to be in a room with the local community, where you can actually get to know people, rather than just be one person in amongst 600.

I was thinking something something like #clojure-au or #clj-au.

I'm on freenode pretty much all the time anyway, so happy to create it and spread the word around (Side note, if anyone was irccloud.com invites let me know, I have some).

Thoughts?

Mark M.
user 2548936
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 3
If you go to freenode, you can now join ##clojure-au - The IRC channel for the Australian Clojure community :)

Mike H.
user 98392412
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 43
Hi there, finally got this far - had a quick look at freenode - I expect it will take me a while to get into it. I started and have managed to get partly working a couple of small clojure projects and, in an act of tidying up, have pushed all the active bits to github.
Hank
frphank
Melbourne, AU
Post #: 9
hope to see you on #clojure-au soon