The Pune Clojure Users Group Message Board › Suggestions for the next meetup (tentatively on 01.02.2013)

Suggestions for the next meetup (tentatively on 01.02.2013)

Vedang M.
user 41617122
Pune, IN
Post #: 2
Hi All,

We are looking for session suggestions to conduct the next session of the Pune Clojure Users Group (tentatively scheduled for 01.02.2013).

If you are interested in conducting a session, we'd like to hear your proposal on that too.

Discussion will be closed on Friday, 25th Jan 2013 and the date and agenda of the next session will be published on Monday, 28th Jan 2013.

Thanks,
Organizers, PCUG
Mohit T.
user 13451476
Pune, IN
Post #: 1
Hi Vedang,

Here are a few things that I am interested in understanding:

1. The functional programming 'way', especially in large projects. Maybe pick up a good open source library and walk through the code to see how it is organized, how FP abstractions are used, etc. In my experience with most FP oriented courses (Coursera,et al) none of them move beyond basic examples of currying, HOF's, persistent data structures, etc. I'd like to see it all in action someplace.

2. Compare FP and OO . Not sure about the mechanics for this one!

That said, I probably won't be able to attend the next dojo as I'm out of town :(

Thanks for organizing this group. Keep up the great work!

Cheers,
Mohit