Happy New Year! South Bay Mobile User Group is back again this year with a great new line up of informative and interesting topics and speakers in the area of mobile development. We kick the new year off with How to Be a Successful Independent Mobile Application Developer.
Why become an Independent mobile developer?
- Mobile development professional earns $80-$140+ an hour, due to their highly specialized and in demand skills.
- Freelancing on a contract lets you become your own boss. You get to decide your schedule each day, take a month off to travel, and enjoy life!
- Working for different clients also builds up your own work experience, widening your entire perspective of Mobile App Development; in addition to strengthening your network of potential clients, which is as good as free marketing!
Terence J. Grant who is an independent iOS Developer will be speaking on how he got his freelance mobile development career off the ground.
Learn from a pro:
- What devices to target
- How to build your skills
- What drives you now, and what's your long term goal?
- Finding clients
- What to charge
- Creating Contracts or Service Agreements
During this talk, Terence will walk us through games that he has created and published that are making money!
Terence J. Grant is the developer of several applications in the iTunes store. His experience includes working on Madden and Nascar franchises for Electronic Arts. He has also created children’s interactive books for the iPad. Currently, he is focusing on games for mobile devices such as the iPhone and iPad.
This meeting is in building 100, room 1 E13 Enter the Honda campus on the west side off of Van ness street. Turn east on Central street will take you on to the campus. Turn right at the first street once on the campus. Building 100 is the large building on the south side of the campus with HONDA on it in large red letters. Park and enter on the south side of building 100.