Alley NYC has been super awesome and hooked us up with space for our coding sessions, so now we can have these every week and there will be room for everyone!
Let's meet for some collaborative coding to get the productive juices flowing and keep each other motivated as we continue to crank out some code. Bring your projects, lessons and assignments and catch up on some coding with some of the most cool and interesting people in NYC.
NOTE: If you're totally new to the group and have never written a line of code before, a few short suggested tasks to do before this meetup are listed below. These are totally optional but you'll get more out of the meetup if you at least attempt these before hand. It may also be a good idea to join our Intro to Computer Science Study Group, see you soon!
Suggested Things to Do
It may be a good idea to:
- Watch Computer Programming in 5 Minutes
- Watch Basic Command Line Tutorial, and follow along (~5 mins)
- Download and install Sublime Text 2
- Go through the first chapter of one of the books in the "E-book" section of this post
- Work through Try Git (~15 mins)
- Download and install Git on your computer
- Set up a GitHub account
And if you're really feeling brave:
- Take a stab at one of our code challenges!
Hope to see you there!