Joshua K.
joshkehn
New York, NY
Post #: 1
I hope everyone had a pleasant Thanksgiving holiday. Filled with great stuff like friends, family, and of course food!

Let's start a discussion on what we want to for December. Currently the meeting is auto-scheduled for Dec. 22nd. I don't think that date will work very well considering it's proximity to the holiday. We can move the date forward, like what we did for the Nov. meeting, or we can omit it all together.

If we decide to keep the meeting (moved up) we have a choice to keep the current discussion topic (Security Libraries) or change it to something more holiday themed.

Thoughts / comments / opinions welcome and encouraged.

Regards,

-Josh
Albert R.
AlbertRosa
New York, NY
Post #: 6
Hey Josh,

I don't mind moving up the date a week to the 15th, I would more than happy to provide provisions for all, as for topic I wouldn't mind continuing the current discussion topic.
A former member
Post #: 20
I think the holiday party is a great idea! I also don't mind the idea of doing two meetups this month if there is interest. Maybe if we do a holiday party we can put together a quick overview of all of the talks we have done in the last year? Or we can just socialize :) I think maybe a short talk about the group and it's unbelievable growth and future might be fun though!
Joshua K.
joshkehn
New York, NY
Post #: 2
For some reason I wasn't getting new post notifications. confused

I think we can reach a consensus on moving the date forward which I will do (15th).

As for topic, I think that a recap of the current year, some mild discussion, and some holiday spirit will be well in order. Lets see how many RSVP's we can get a week prior and plan on that number for portion planning.

Glancing over past meetups I don't see many previous topics, would someone like to compile a list of previous topics to glance over?
Joshua K.
joshkehn
New York, NY
Post #: 3
One week countdown, so far we have 11 attendants. RSVP's close tomorrow so we can get a firm number of people that show up. You can still come, but food availability won't be guaranteed.