Code Meet Print NY is the community at the intersection of texts + technology that is contemplating, defining, and helping to build better interfaces for engagement, more relevant curators for discovery, and more useful marketplaces for dissemination of great writing to eager readers.
We are thrilled to bring you #CMPNY Version 1.0, Presented by General Assembly, featuring:
- Richard Nash (of Soft Skull Press) presenting Cursor - Transforming the social contract of publishing by restoring the writer-reader relationship to its true equilibrium.
- Jacob Lewis (of The New Yorker) presenting Figment - The community for young adult fiction readers and writers can share, connect, and discover new stories and authors.
- Andy Hunter + Scott Lindenbaum (of Electric Literature) presenting Broadcastr - The new social media platform for location-specific user-generated, sponsored, and published audio
- Anshul Mathur with the DEBUT presentation of the Literary Genome Project = Pandora x Wikipedia + The Love of Reading + You.
- Plus a Panel/Talkback featuring all the Presenters above + Brian Joseph Davis of Joyland Magazine, Mia Eaton of LIT Magazine + others!
We are also announcing our First #CMPNY Twitter Very Short Story Contest:
- Just Tweet a story beginning with: "@cmp_ny #vss" (You will then have 127 characters for your story - Extra points for the theme: Texts + Tech)
- For example: "@cmp_ny #vss It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age reading very long books"
- To vote, simply Retweet your favorite story (and/or get your audience/fans/family to vote for your story by Retweeting it)
- Top 7 Crowdsourced Retweets by 3PM on May 10th will be the FINALISTS
- The First Ever #CMPNY Twitter Very Short Story Contest Winner will be selected by the Speakers on the night of the Meetup. (Surprise Prize for the Winner..)
Drinks and Mingling to follow at General Assembly. (Code MEET Print!)