Code Meet Print NY follows the auspicious launch of
Version 1.0 with another provoking evening exploring innovation that mashes up all things digital, editorial, writerly, and business.
Version 2.0: "Summer Read(Meet)ing" Presented by General Assembly will feature Presentations by:
Bob Stein (Founder, Criterion Collection + interactive media pioneer) +
Steven Hodas (former EVP of Princeton Review Online) presenting
SocialBook - The "new collaborative ecology for reading, writing, + publishing in the network era"
Evan Ratliff presenting
The Atavist - The next generation digital publishing medium for narrative non-fiction harnessing uniquely media-rich enhanced content experiences
Marianne Bellotti presenting
F.S. Publishing - Building tools for writers + publishers to leverage data (like audience reaction + statistical analysis) to produce better books
Brian Joseph Davis, Publisher of
Joyland Magazine , the online journal dedicated to short fiction and new modes of publishing them, speaks on Literature and Profit Models Online
- Plus a Group Talkback/Q+A featuring the distinguished Presenters above!
Announcing The Second #CMPNY Twitter Very Short Story Contest:
"Best Last Line #VSS" - Judged by Joyland Magazine
- Joyland Magazine and Code Meet Print NY invite you to submit your "Best Last Line" - of a novel or story you've written, one yet-to-be written, or anything in between
- Just Tweet your submission beginning with: "@cmp_ny #vss #BestLast" (You will then have 117 characters for your story)
- VOTING: Simply Retweet your favorite story (Get your audience + fans to vote for your story by Retweeting it)
- FINALISTS will be the Top 7 Crowdsourced Retweets by 3PM on July 12th
- WINNER will be selected by Joyland Magazine Publishers live at the event July 12th
- Added Prize: A New Kindle 6" Wi-Fi Graphite Reader (
Beer and Wine during Version 2.0: "Summer Read(Meet)ing" provided by our presenting host and partner,