Code Meet Print NY continues our series of Innovation Demonstration (+Dialogue) around Texts + Tech with Version 3.0: "Reader. Writer. Interface." Presented by General Assembly - with provoking presentations/demos by:
- Readability - Initially a reading tool from Arc90 (codebase in Flipboard + Safari 5), it has now swelled into a popular uncluttered reading experience on web/mobile that prototypes direct support for publishers + writers; Richard Ziade of Arc90 presents
- OnSwipe - Co-Founder Jason Baptiste presents the "insanely easy" platform for publishers of all sizes (Forbes, Hearst, WordPress blogs) to transform content + advertising to beautiful experiences on touch-enabled browsers ( TechStars NYC grad)
- Contently - Co-Founder Shane Snow presents the platform for brands (like Mint.com) to craft + optimize high quality content strategies with editorial tools, engagement tracking, + journalists/pro bloggers sourcing (current TechStars NYC class)
- submishmash* - Co-Founder Michael Fitzgerald discusses the leading cloud-based online submission management system used by 2000+ publishers (Tin House, Good Magazine, Fence Books) + organizations to efficiently intake and curate text + media submissions
- Plus a Group Talkback/Q+A featuring the distinguished Presenters above!
Announcing The Third #CMPNY Twitter Very Short Story Contest:
"Dispatch from Dystopia #VSS" - Judged by Editors from Bookish.com
- Bookish.com + Code Meet Print NY invite you to submit your "Dispatch from Dystopia" - A sentence or micro-chapter of your chronicle of a dystopian future
- Tweet your submission beginning with: "@cmp_ny #vss #DisDys" (You will then have 119 characters for your entry)
- VOTING: Get your audience + fans + friends to vote for your story via Retweet!
- FINALISTS will be the Top 7 Crowdsourced Retweets by 3PM on September 20th
- ALL 7 finalists will be PUBLISHED in Bookish.com's experimental Future of Publishing Book Project slotted for 2012. (Help vote up the Panel Proposal for SXSW 2012!)
- Winner will be selected by Rachel Fershleiser and Jonny Segura, of Bookish.com and highlighted as Top Selection in the Bookish.com Future of Publishing Project
Beer and Wine during Version 3.0: "Reader. Writer. Interface" provided by our presenting host and partner, General Assembly!
*Special Perk offered to all PrinTechies (Publishers, Editors!) from submishmash - see "Member Perks", below left on the CMPNY Homepage
**General Assembly + Code Meet Print NY will be Co-Presenting a "Business of Publishing" 3-Part Seminar Series (featuring Richard Nash and Jacob Lewis) on September 26, October 3, and October 10th. Stay tuned for more details..
Exited to see you all there!
Glenn | @cmp_ny | @soonisnow