This group is for self-directed people who want to study computer programming in a group. All levels are welcome, from complete beginners to professional programmers.
• Learn how to build websites and other applications
• Prepare to get into a code school or use it as an alternative to a programming bootcamp
• Learn new skills
• Meet creative people
• Work on any kind of programming, from Web development, to machine learning, scientific computing, operating systems, microcontrollers, and more.
• Work through interesting programming books with a group
• Take online courses together
• Collaborate on projects
• Bring in experts to present and tutor
• Make programming accessible to new people
• And much more...
There is no limitation on which languages and technologies people in the group can study.
This group is for all programming languages and levels of experience.
NEW: join our free discussion forum and mailing list.
You can also join our East Bay AngularJS + and East Bay Functional Programming groups and visit our portal page.
There is a new discussion forum at CodeSelfStudy.com. Please post an introduction in the forum.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1) I'm a beginner. Can I still join?
Yes, the group is open to everyone, from complete beginners to professional programmers. We can direct you to learning resources.
2) What are some good learning resources?
3) Can I arrive late?
Yes, the meetings are informal.
If you have another question, feel free to contact Josh: email@example.com.