Code Until Dawn STL Message Board › Talent + Expansion

Talent + Expansion

Israel V.
IsraelVicars
Ann Arbor, MI
Hi folks!

A couple points of Code til Dawn business.

• I'm occasionally approached by folks hiring developers, and I always encourage them to come to the group, hang out, and build authentic relationships--and the jobs will follow. A couple of guys from a local startup Food Essentials is bringing some beer and snacks tomorrow (they've attended before, just because) and they're hiring some Java folks, full time, part-time, or contract. I can personally vouch for them so we can treat it like an experiment. Here's a link to their job posting, and be ready to enjoy a frosty beverage on them tonight. Food Essentials job postings
  • It's been suggested that we make Code Until Dawn something anyone can start in their city (thanks, Dylan!). That'll be my project for tomorrow, normalizing the schedule, packaging the Meetup collateral (images, text for profiles), suggesting some best practices, and putting it all on a website.

On both of these points, your feedback is welcomed, encouraged, and--to be blunt--needed. Thanks for making this group something special. I hope we keep it that way.

And, props, of course, to our wonderful hosts at The Able Few, particularly Mike Bishop and his shenanigans.

Cheers,

Israel
Mike B.
ablemike
Saint Louis, MO
Post #: 3