Code Until Dawn STL Message Board › Aspiring coders can get their first job with LaunchCode
This message board is read-only.
|A former member|
A new inititiative to help connect aspiring programmers with their first programming job is wrapping up its application window. Their announcement is below for more details for anyone that's interested. I highly recommend looking into it for anyone who wants to move from tinkerer to professional coder or if you have a friend who might be interested.
!!! LaunchCode is now accepting applications !!!
• Can you code? Do you want a job as a developer, but lack the job experience?
• Get the accelerated job experience you need as a paired-programmer
• Get paid to be an apprentice at Express Scripts, LockerDome, MasterCard, aisle411, BJC Health Care, Emerson, Peabody Energy, etc.
• Until they hire you (if you prove you are up to snuff) in a matter months full-time as their developer at Market Rates ~$75,000.00/year in STL.
• Apply here: launchcodestl.com
Priority Application Deadline: 9-17-2013
This Friday, LaunchCode is inviting you to "Meet LaunchCode" -- to network about LaunchCode & learn more about LaunchCode. The event will be hosted by Jim McKelvey, Founder of LaunchCode. There will be a presentation on LaunchCode followed by a discussion.
Event: "Meet LaunchCode"
When: Friday, September 13, 2013
Time: 6:30 PM
Address: 1500 Washington Ave., St. Louis, MO 63103
Who's invited: All coders who'd like a full-time job as a developer at a St. Louis Company (e.g., Express Scripts, LockerDome, MasterCard, aisle411, BJC Health Care, Emerson, Peabody Energy, etc.) & anyone who is interested in learning more about LaunchCode.