Note: This is an Awards & Networking Reception and panel discussion event. Tickets also avilable at http://futureinnovation.eventbrite.com
The Future of Innovation fueled by Computer Science has never been more exciting! Development is facilitated by the availability of the connected world, standards and open source tools. It has put computer scientists at the center of innovation, making Computer Science a much more creative and rewarding discipline. Come to hear a panel of visionaries discuss the Future of Innovation in a Networked World. NYEBN is excited to partner with The MIT Enterprise Forum of New York City and support the "Dream it Code it Win it" initiative. Food and drinks will be catered for this event.
5:30pm - 6:00pm: Reception
6:00pm - 7:30pm: Panel Discussion and Awards
7:30pm - 8:30pm: Dream it Code it Win it Awards and Networking Reception
Future of Innovation Panel:
• Joi Ito - Director of the MIT Media Lab
• Erik Nordlander - Engineering Partner at Google Ventures
• Mike Perlis - CEO and President of Forbes
• Jeanne Sullivan - Founder and GP of StarVest Partners
• Alex Diaz - VP of Product Management at Yahoo!
• Philippe Buhannic - Co-Founder and CEO of TradingScreen
• Teresa A. Dahlberg - Dean, Albert Nerken School of Engineering, Chief Academic Officer, The Cooper Union
• Cristina Dolan - MIT Media Lab Alumna, Co-Founder OneMain (IPO & Acquired)
Dream it. Code it. Win it. Awards and Networking Reception:
College Level Prizes
1. $20,000 - First Place
2. $15,000 - Second Place
3. $10,000 - Third Place
4. $5,000 - Tekserve Prize for Women in Technology
5. $5,000 - Prize for InnovationAll applicants will receive a "Qualified Participant Certificate."
High School Prizes
• The winning team will receive the TradingScreen "Excellence in Creative Computer Science" Award, and each team member will receive an iPad.
• All participants will receive a "Qualified Participant Certificate."
“Dream it. Code it. Win it.” is a coding contest organized by The MIT Club of New York, The MIT Enterprise Forum of New York City, and TradingScreen to celebrate and reward creativity in Computer Science. Visit www.dreamitcodeitwinit.com for more information.
Note: If you are not interested in this event, please RSVP "No." That way, you will not get any reminder emails regarding this event in the future.