As co-founder and chairman of the board of Signature Bank, (NASDAQ:SBNY), a New York-based full-service commercial bank with nearly $23 billion in assets, Scott A. Shay can provide entrepreneurs and small-medium sized business owners a nuts and bolts overview about financing for such entities.
• 6:00 - 6:30 PM - Registration
• 6:30 - 7:45 PM - Scott's Talk + Q&A
• 7:45 - 8:30 PM - Networking with Scott
* Drinks - including beers and wine - will be served throughout the event
In particular, this seminar will focus on:
· How should small-medium sized business owners think about financing for their company?
· How would they go about securing financing their small-medium sized business in NY?
· What kind of financing is available and appropriate?
· How small-medium sized business owners should finance real estate.
· How they should finance equipment, etc.
· Options they should consider in terms of owning vs. leasing – pros and cons
Additionally, Mr. Shay will address – from a bank’s perspective – what/how banks think and look for when lending and working with small-medium sized businesses. For example, he will explain how banks see these entities and value their businesses. On the flip-side, entrepreneurs can learn about how financial institutions evaluate their enterprises. This intelligence could be very helpful for entrepreneurial audiences.
Lastly, Shay could touch on the changing political landscape in NYC under the new administration, in terms of the NYC business environment and how small-medium sized businesses might fare.
Also on hand will be Edwin Sirlin, Senior Vice President and Group Director at Signature Bank. Sirlin leads a seven-person team from the Bank’s private client offices at 565 Fifth Avenue in Manhattan, which is also home to its corporate headquarters.
About Signature Bank
Signature Bank, member FDIC, is a New York-based full-service commercial bank with 27 private client offices throughout the New York metropolitan area. The Bank’s growing network of private client banking teams serves the needs of privately owned businesses, their owners and senior managers. Signature Bank offers a wide variety of business and personal banking products and services. The Bank operates Signature Financial, LLC, a specialty finance subsidiary focused on equipment finance and leasing, transportation financing and taxi medallion financing. Investment, brokerage, asset management and insurance products and services are offered through the Bank’s subsidiary, Signature Securities Group Corporation, a licensed broker-dealer, investment adviser and member FINRA/SIPC.
Since commencing operations in May 2001, the Bank has grown to $23.1 billion in assets, $18.3 billion in deposits, $1.91 billion in equity capital and $1.99 billion in other assets under management as of March 31, 2014. Signature Bank's Tier 1 and risk-based capital ratios are significantly above the levels required to be considered well capitalized.
Signature Bank's 27 offices are located in Manhattan, Brooklyn, Westchester, Long Island, Queens, the Bronx and Staten Island. For more information, please visit www.signatureny.com.
Thank you to our venue partner Wix.com for hosting us at the Wix Lounge. Wix.com enables you to build a free and professional online presence, just the way you want it. With an HTML5 drag-and-drop website editor, 100s of web apps, designer-made templates, and tons of features, Wix gives you the tools to launch and manage your online presence. So what are you waiting for? Create your own beautiful Wix website now!
• Early Bird - $15 (Sold Out)
• Regular - $25 (Sold Out)
• Last Minute - $40
• If you are not interested in this event, please RSVP "No." That way, you will not get any reminder emails regarding this event in the future.
• Tickets also available at http://signaturenyebn.eventbrite.com