The Online ColdFusion Meetup Message Board › Perm denied trying to drop index - SQL Server 2005

Perm denied trying to drop index - SQL Server 2005

Joe
user 7520549
Bethlehem, PA
Post #: 31
Hello & Happy New Year to y'all.

I am having problems trying to drop indexes from a table. I can create indexes on fields in this table but cannot drop the index before recreating. I have created a CF template which creates the index, then tries to drop it. The error I get is

[Macromedia][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot drop the index 'items.i_item_catid', because it does not exist or you do not have permission.

The index exists so it is a permissions issue. I am using the same CF DSN when trying to create & drop. I do not specify anything special when creating hte index

<CFQUERY DATASOURCE="#theDSN#" NAME="index">
create index i_item_catid on #iTable# (category_id_id);
</CFQUERY>

I have not been able to find the permission in SQL Server required to drop indexes. Any help is available.

Here is my config

CF 8.0.1 multi server, jdk 1.6.0_23, 64-bit Windows server
MS SQL Server 2005, 64-bit windows server 2003

Joe
Joe
user 7520549
Bethlehem, PA
Post #: 32
my apologies, I 4got to include the drop index statement

<CFQUERY DATASOURCE="#theDSN#" NAME="xyz">
drop index items.i_item_catid
</CFQUERY>

#iTable# = items in the create statement

Joe
user 7520549
Bethlehem, PA
Post #: 33
Well, I did not figure out the permissions issue but during our nightly process the indexes arecanned anyway so I just create new ones. HAGD.
Joe