addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Online ColdFusion Meetup Message Board › Some confusion in recent CFMeetup announcements

Some confusion in recent CFMeetup announcements

Charlie A.
Group Organizer
Jamestown, KY
Hey folks, I have to apologize for a couple of minor points of possible confusion with the posting of this week's events. You may not have even noticed them, but in case it could trip you up, here is clarification.

2 nights ago I posted the announcements but made a few slips in my hurry to get them posted (from my laptop in the airport just before bording my flight home from the cf.Objective conference.) One was a problem with one of the announcements posted here (by email), and the others were problems in the twitter announcements I made after that (separate problems.)

First, due to a mistake here in the service, this "Using Backbone.js" talk was posted with its calendar link incorrectly indicating a date of Saturday May 28. The text in the body of the announcement was right, so you may not have noticed any problem. But if you may have used the "Add to my calendar" feature offered, then you will see this taking place on the wrong date. It should be Thursday May 19.

As for the twitter announcements, first I mistakenly listed both of next week's sessions as being at noon. I caught that copy/paste error soon after posting the second, but then someone pointed out I'd also inadvertently indicated both to be happening on May 5. Doh! :-(

Again, the text of the email announcements was right: they are both this Thursday, May 19. I have just sent tweets reclarifying things.

Sorry for the confusion everyone.