The Online ColdFusion Meetup Message Board › Jrun.exe CPU usage

Jrun.exe CPU usage

Alex
user 19912191
Singapore, SG
Post #: 1
Hi, I would appreciate an opinion.

I am aware that when a ColdFusion page is requested, the jrun.exe process's CPU usuage goes up while the request is being processed. The CPU usage then drops back to about 2% a couple of seconds later once the processing is complete. Totally normal.

The problem I am having, however, is that about every hour or so, jrun.exe's CPU usuage shoots up to anything between 25% and 80% and STAYS that way for up to 30 minutes. It basically does not go back to normal and all the sites become paifully slow and the only quick resolution is to kill the process or restart ColdFusion which is not an ideal thing to do every hour.

I have read similar postings to this on the net and most of the advice focusses on upgrading the JVM which I have done, but to no avail or tweaking the jvm.config file which I have done too but without any result.

I do not have any highly complicated SQL queries or cfm code that may demand so much resources and I am really wondering what else may be causing this and how can this be resolved.

I am using ColdFusion 8 on Windows 2008 Server.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.