Chuck Marshall would like to invite you to join him for a book discussion of “The Law” by Frédéric Bastiat. “The Law”, written in 1850, “takes the discourse out of the ivory tower and makes ideas on liberty so clear that even the unlettered can understand them and statists cannot obfuscate them”.
The discussion will:
• Create order in how you think of Liberty and Just Human conduct
• Provide Clarity on the Moral Superiority of Personal Liberty
• Explain why Government is the greatest single threat to Liberty
• Describe why Socialists want to “play God”
• Introduce you to the concept of “Legal Plunder” and “False philanthropy”
Pages 16 through 26 will be the subject for discussion.
Please join Chuck as he guides you on a journey that should prove to be interesting, informative, and lively!
The Law by Frédéric Bastiat
Page numbers apply to FEE 3rd edition, August 2008