“ Great meet-up for moms and kids! ”
— on Jul 11, 2014.
“ Great group! ”
— on Jun 26, 2012.
“ Love it! ”
— on Jun 16, 2012.
“ love this group! ”
— on Aug 19, 2011.
WELCOME FUTURE COLONIAL MOMS
Started on September 15, 2010, Colonial Moms is designed for active mommies looking for playdates and activities for their little ones (ages 0-5) around Williamsburg and the surrounding areas. Just as importantly, it is intended to give us adults opportunities to meet and socialize with other moms.
WHAT WE DO
Colonial Moms has a fairly active calendar with meetups typically 2-4 days a week. Every member is encouraged to schedule and host their own event(s) and each event is hosted by a Colonial Mom, therefore, ensuring that someone is always there to greet you at each meetup.
Activities include holiday parties; home and park playdates; picnics; walks; storytimes; visits to fire houses, farms, theme parks, zoos, gardens, museums, etc. We also have occasional mom-night-outs and family events.
Meetups are typically scheduled mornings and afternoons throughout the week. There are a limited number of evening and weekend events.
Home playdates are organized for ALL ages and by specific ages (For Example: 0-1, 0-2, 2-5). Older siblings are always allowed at any event.
We also have an active Discussion Board.
Colonial Moms is geared towards SAHM and Part-Time Moms who hopefully plan to be in the area for a long time. Active members are required to attend at least 5 meetups in a 3 month period. The attendance policy is strictly enforced.
We do not accept out-of-area moms, pregnant moms before their 34th week, or women promoting their business interests (sponsors excluded).
1. Do not RSVP "YES" until you are sure you are able to attend. Others are counting on you to show and cancellations are only for emergencies. In case of a last minute change, please make sure to call the event's host.
2. Please do not RSVP "No" if you can not attend. This will send an unwanted email to the event host.
3. Do not RSVP "MAYBE". Wait to RSVP until you know you can attend. The host must know if they can rely on you to be there.
4. After numerous "no show's" or late cancellations your membership will be canceled.
5. When scheduling and hosting an event, please list your contact number so that members can call you if they need to cancel or let you know they are unexpectedly running late.
6. If you schedule an event, you are expected to host it unless you specify someone else. Hostesses need to be at the event at least 5 minutes early, greet moms as they arrive, and also update attendance on the website after the event.
TO BECOME A MEMBER
For security purposes, you are asked to submit:
1. Your full name and age.
2. A faceshot of yourself.
3. Your phone number.
4. Address (city is acceptable).
An Organizer will approve your request for membership when an open spot becomes available. Membership is capped at 35 active members to keep the group from becoming too large & less personal. The membership fee is $6 when approved and $6 renewal fee each year thereafter. You can pay online as soon as your membership is approved.
< Copying any part of this page is not allowed. >