Colorado Barstool Philosophy Club Message Board › New Meetup: The January Barstool Philosophy Meetup

New Meetup: The January Barstool Philosophy Meetup

Dave
DKilroy
Denver, CO
Announcing a new Meetup for The Barstool Philosophy Group!

What: The January Barstool Philosophy Meetup

When: January 28, 2010 7:00 PM

Where:
Hansons Tavern
1301 S Pearl St
Denver, CO 80210
303-744-1052

Howdy Friends!

HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everyone is experiencing a great start to 2010. We will be meeting back at Hanson's Grill and Tavern on Thursday, January 28th at 7pm. We have procured the lounge side of the upstairs so hopefully the music volume will not be an issue this month. Can't wait to see everyone!

The start of a new year, as well as a new decade, provides one a chance to reflect on the past while keeping an eye on the future. Some of the top news items of 2009 (as reported by Time):

1. America's Economic Crisis: Now for the Non-Recovery
2. Afghanistan: Can the U.S. Avoid a Quagmire?
3. Iran's Tumultuous Election and Its Aftermath
4. The Divisive Debate Over Health Care Reform
5. Massacre at Fort Hood: The New Face of Terrorism?
6. The Death of Michael Jackson
7. Pakistan: On the Verge of a Breakdown
8. Mexico's Bloody Drug War
9. H1N1: That's Swine Flu to You
10. The End of Sri Lanka's Cataclysmic Civil War

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packages/completelist/0,29569,1945379,00.html­

What do you think about this list? What would you add? Take away? I can't wait to hear what you have to say about it!

We are going to continue the printed questions this month! If you have any topics you would like the group to discuss please feel free to pass them along to me and we will get them typed and printed for the meetup!

See you all on the 28th!

Cheers,

Dave

Learn more here:
http://www.meetup.com...­