Colorado Barstool Philosophy Club Message Board › Comment Page Posts

Comment Page Posts

Dave
DKilroy
Denver, CO
Happy Saturday All!

I just wanted to drop everyone a quick note about posting comments on the group message board.

The message board is a great way to start a constructive dialogue with other B.S.P. members, and this is something we all can appreciate. However, too much of a good thing can turn the whole concept sour. If you want to post a comment, please do so. Just use common sense when choosing the way you word your posts and/or comments. Also, remember that all the posts go to everyone in the group. If you write a bunch of posts, it will send out a bunch of e-mails. No one wants an inbox full of items to sort through that they may/may not want to read. I think a good rule of thumb is to post a comment establishing a topic and point of view, then waiting to see if there is a response thread. If there is no response it may be time to move on to another medium for your discussion. Also, if you post something that brings out a response in kind, why not show up and further present the topic to the attendees? Communication with real, live humans is always good, right?!

One last thing to mention (and I am frustrated that we have to address this topic again):

What is the #1 rule of Bar Stool Philosophy? THE GOLDEN RULE! Treating others with the courtesy and respect that we all desire ourselves is not only necessary in this format, it's just common sense. If you do not like this rule, then this is not the group for you. We all enjoy this group because it has grown into a venue for people to share their different thoughts and opinions on (sometimes) controversial topics, yet feel safe that any disagreements will not turn mean and/or personal. I hope that this is one of the things that has made people feel welcome for the past 3 years.

Thank you for your time this weekend. I hope everyone is out playing in the Sun!

See you soon,

Dave