|Sent on:||Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:55 PM|
i am only sending this now bc i am getting a lot of questions about our upcoming celebration and thought i would send this out to try and answer most of what folks are inquiring about. i will also send this email out a few days before our GentleThanksgiving as a reminder.
i am super excited about our upcoming 6th year veganversarry and gentle thanksgiving on nov. 17 at 2:30!! we are a full house with 200 RSVP's and a waiting list so please be sure to update your rsvp if it has changed either way.
ok- some event info that i hope you will all take a few minutes to read. with such a large group it's important to have some kind of structure or all vegan chaos can break out.;-)
1. yes! this is a potluck! I'll be providing 15 Tofurky Roasts and a bunch of appetizers and other main courses and desserts but not enough to feed all 200 of you. maybe next year we can look at getting it catered if that is something people want? anywho, for this year you are asked to bring a dish (if you could reflect what category (dessert, salad, dip etc) or the actual dish on the meetup page all can see what might be lacking or needed. your dish should be enough to serve between 6-8 servings of your dish. So if there are 4 people on your RSVP that would mean each person would bring a dish to give out between 6-8 servings. make sense? hope so.let me know if not.;-)
2. you still need to bring your own eating and serving ware. the hotel does not provide. they are giving us a greatly discounted price and it does not include them cleaning up after us or providing dishes. be sure to bring bowls for the nice cream that SO Delicious is providin and I am getting hot fudge, nuts and whipped kreem to top it off.oh my goodness, come hungry!
please bring your own eating and serving ware including cups, plates, bowls, cups and a serving utensil for your dish. i will have minimal extra stuff so please don't forget! millenium is providing us a fork and spoon and napkin so you don't need to bring those.
3. please bring a a card with the ingredients in your dish and your name (so folks can track you down if want recipe etc). please designate if it is raw or gluten free. all dishes are of course animal free and vegan. if you don't want to make anything and want to pick something up from the market i can direct you to good brands and products to look for if you need help.
5.please try and arrive between 2:30-3:00. I will have a variety of appetizers for those that come on time. i am making cheezes for appetizers. there will be a power strip if you need to plug in your crock pot or other equipment. we'll have the food broken out into salads and raw stuff, sides and man entrees, gluten free and not, and a dessert area.
6. john pierre will speak starting at 3:45 for about 20 minutes with about 10 minutes for questions. he'll be around for the entire event so you can speak with him before and after.
7. For those with children: if you have young kids i will try and create an area where they can play and be. give me input on that if you have kids. what do you need for your children and you to be comfy?
something i would like to do is announce all the vegan children that will be attending. if you are coming with your kids please let me know if that is ok to do and make sure i know their name. i want them to feel championed and supported and to have the experience of being applauded by a room full of adults for being vegan. so often they alone in their vegan values when around other children. i have wanted to do a compassionate kids celebration for years and since i keep not being able to do so, i thought this would be a teeny bit of what i would like to one day do. thoughts?
8. peaceful prairie will be having a table and a way to sponsor one of their rescued turkey friends. these make excellent gifts for your friends and family. it's educational and supports a local vegan farmed animal rescue.
lastly! i need help! i need at least 4 folks to come to my place at 1:15 to transfer stuff to millenium. please email me directly if you can help with set up. volunteers get extra goodies and love.
i'll need the same for break down. please let me know if you can help even part of it for either end. thank you!
ok, i think that is everything. sorry for the long email!
see you all soon! call or email me directly with any questions.
i am excited to celebrate and gather with all of you!
peace and peas on all our plates. ;-)
This email message originally included an attachment.