The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup Group Discussion Forum › How Do I Transport Dozens of Cupcakes?

How Do I Transport Dozens of Cupcakes?

Tim P.
TEPutnam
Boulder, CO
Post #: 21
Hi, everyone!

If I bake dozens and dozens of cupcakes to give away during vegan advocacy, is there some easy way of boxing up all the goodies for transporting to the location without having to buy ten or more of those expensive cupcake carriers?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Tim
A former member
Post #: 4
I transported them in shirt boxes with "x's" cut out for each cupcakes. It worked pretty well. You can see a picture here.

--d

Emily M.
user 24186442
Boulder, CO
Post #: 1
Hi Tim,
You might try a few shirt boxes. You can usually pick those up for free from a department store (like Macys) rather than shelling out for cupcake carriers.

Good luck!
+ Emily
Tim P.
TEPutnam
Boulder, CO
Post #: 22
Thanks for your responses!  I'm looking to transport between 300 and 500 cupcakes.  So if I use shirt boxes, I'd need to stick them inside something sturdy and stackable.  Hmmmm...  I might just have to bite the bullet and buy those carriers.  They'd probably stay more moist in those than in cardboard boxes.

Kellie
wuzzle5
Boulder, CO
Post #: 8
Hi, everyone!

If I bake dozens and dozens of cupcakes to give away during vegan advocacy, is there some easy way of boxing up all the goodies for transporting to the location without having to buy ten or more of those expensive cupcake carriers?  Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Tim

aw tim, i coulda helped you if i woulda seen this sooner.. just go to michaels and buy a cake box.. pretty inexpensive. even if you bought 10, maybe it would be $20... NOTE: you have to buy the sturdy bottoms separately! or just take a cardboard box you already have, cut out the bottom to fit, and but it in the cake box. there are also some aluminum casserole holder thingies at safeway in the baking aisle... and they have plastic lids.. those are great for holding cupcakes. i think you can get 2 for a few dollars but they hold up well and hold 12 or 15 cupcakes. as a last resort: have you ever seen the boxes that envelopes coming in? like 500 count envelopes? those are really good boxes to use cause theyre tall enough! check boxes are also really good... again, 500 count business check boxes.. so if you know any offices that get rid of this stuff, hit them up! again, most of these will need the cardboard bottoms to keep them sturdy but thats so easy to do..