The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup Group Discussion Forum › GentleThanksgiving last minute reminders!

GentleThanksgiving last minute reminders!

Lisa S.
user 2917105
Boulder, CO

hi everyone,
if you are getting this it's bc you rsvp'd YES for tomorrow's Gentle Thanksgiving shindig. We are going to be crowded!! We have almost 100 people coming,with over 25 folks on a waiting list. I had a terrible time turning people away ,but I had Travis to remind me that we needed to stick to the rules.;-) I feel badly that we won't have lots of room, but hopefully you will "touch"a new friend.;-)

Don't forget to bring your own eating ware and serving utensil for your dish- this includes your plate, fork, cup ect. Bring an extra one for someone who will invariably forget.;-)

Please read below for last minute reminder and call with questions, but call early in the day if possible.

Please try to arrive before 5:45 so we can start at time.
Look forward to seeing everyone.[-)
Lisa
ps- does anyone have a microwave they can bring??

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 11:31 PM
Subject: Gentle Thanksgiving update
To: onebigatomicbore@gmail.com­

Your Organizer, lisa, sent the following message to some members of Boulder (and Beyond !)Vegan Meetup Group:

Hi everyone,

It was brought to my attention today that the information for next Saturday's Gentle Thanksgiving does not make it clear that the event is a POTLUCK and some folks thought it was a meal provided.

SO sorry if that was not more clear, and I see now that it wasn't. I just cut and pasted and forgot the part that said the following:

We ask that every adult attendee bring a dish to feed 8 and chip in $3-$5 to cover event costs (note that this applies to official members of the Boulder and Beyond Vegan Meetup as well as their guests). All of the food you bring must be vegan (no meat, poultry, fish, eggs, dairy, or honey). If you can't attend, please change your RSVP before the event. Each member of the Boulder and Beyond Vegan Meetup is responsible for making their guests aware of these rules. If the cost to attend is a problem for anyone please email me privately, no one will be turned away.

This is going to be a wonderful shin dig but we are going to be quite cozy.

Please let everyone know what you and your party are bringing so we can look forward to all the dishes and know what we may need more or less of.

Thanks so much! Please feel free to email me with any questions!

Lisa and Travis

ps- we have a very special guest joining us again! it's a surprise!
------------------------------

--------------------------------------­-------

To visit Boulder (and Beyond !)Vegan Meetup Group, go here:
http://www.meetup.com/coloradovegans/­

Add info@meetup.com­ to your address book to receive all Meetup emails

To manage your email settings, click here

Meetup, PO Box 4668 #37895 New York, New York 10163-4668

Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring! http://www.meetup.com/jobs/­

--