A former member
Post #: 783
I will be in Boulder a few days just before the xmas holiday. I will just miss the cookie exchange! Darn. I would, however, love restaurant recommendations or where you'd recommend I shop for groceries. Thanks!
A former member
Post #: 790
Any highly recommended "must hikes" around/near Boulder? Either hiking boot trails or snow shoe trails, either is good!
Lisa
user 2917105
Group Organizer
Boulder, CO
Post #: 28
hi sherry, there are a ton of amazing hiking trails in boulder as well as places to eat vegan.

flagstaff and mount sanitas are right in town.
whole foods on pearl street is awesome for vegan food in their food service area. i love watercourse in denver but sadly we don't have any great vegan restaurants in boulder.
call my cell if you need any more specifics. 303-570-2551.
sorry you will miss the cookie exchange.
have a great visit to boulder.
lisa
A former member
Post #: 791
Yep, missed the cookie exchange by one day :). And my hometown veg MeetUp had its cookie exchange the day after I left! Oh, well.

I took a quick, and slippery, hike up the Flat Irons today. Planning to go to the Leaf Restaurant tonight!
Laura K
user 10862267
Boulder, CO
Post #: 34
Leaf is a good one! Other fun places to eat -

Ras Kassas - Ethiopian. Try their veggie combos!

Casa Alvarez - Mexican. Yummy tofu fajita burritos.

Bombay Bistro - Coconut milk Indian curries.

Sun Deli - Sandwiches and pizza with homemade vegan ingredients.

How far / how strenuous of a hike are you looking for??

-Laura

A former member
Post #: 792
Any good Thai places with vegan options?

I only have one more day, and the weather looks like it will limit what I can do tomorrow. I am hoping that the weather will clear off by noon. This will give @4 1/2 hours to hike (I also have snow shoes). I've done a couple of easy, short hikes (Devil's Backbone, Morrison Slide/Red Rock. I'm adjusted to the altitude now, so tomorrow's hike can be more ambitious.
A former member
Post #: 20
I like Buddha Thai: http://www.buddhathai...­ Enjoy the rest of your trip.