addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
hi everyone,

today only three of the folks that RSVP'd for this outreach event showed up. 8 our of 11 of you didn't show up and without beating around the bush, that totally sucked. when folks RSVP the organizers plan accordingly. in this case, lynn and i purchased enough product to accommodate 11 volunteers helping and because so many of you didn't show up we were stretched thin and barely handled it with our small group of volunteers. PLEASE in the future be more considerate, and if you decide not to show up after all please have respect for the organizers to at least change you RSVP to reflect that you won't be able to help out, after all. if you RSVP YES we count on that and plan based on having you there.

thanks for understanding and not letting this happen again in the future.

lisa
Nyeng G.
user 48471882
Boulder, CO
Post #: 1
Hi Lisa,

I totally understand how you feel - the disappointment one feels when they expect some promised support and they don't get it.

Anyways, cheer up that, at least, you were able to "barely handle it," even though you "were stretched thin"! I also couldn't agree with you more that, when folks are unable to honor promises of support that they make, they should inform event organizers in time .

Cheers.

Nyeng.
A former member
Post #: 34
thank you so much for understanding, nyeng! really appreciate it.
A former member
Post #: 126
Lisa--Sorry about the disappointing turn-out. I think many of us felt we weren't needed when you stated that you didn't know what you would do with us all. It sounded like you felt too many people had signed up, so when I had a conflict that day, I chose the other option.

Also, I would like to mention that I did show up at the cancelled Mother's Day outreach. Not all of us have smart phones for last minute cancellation. At the time I only had use of a computer at the library, so I missed the cancellation notice.
A former member
Post #: 35
hi beverly,
thanks for emailing.
i am sorry that my email might have suggested that i wouldn't be able to use everyone. i was so excited that we had so many rsvps i was sort of making a joke but will know for next time that some folks may take it like you did. in the future if you could still chane your rsvp- even if it is last minute that would be appreciated.

i am so sorry that you showed up for an event that got canceled but that is likely to happen in the future if the weather is bad. i always leave my number so you can call me if that would be easiest. i do feel terrible that you showed up and no one was there, though. we take risks with weather holding out for outreach and if i recall correctly, it was cold and overcast and we didn't think nice cream outreach would work for that kind of climate. and i am happy to take your number donw for future events if you woudl like me to call you if we have last minute changes.
thanks for writing!