The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup Group Discussion Forum › jon camp, upcoming meetups and gratitude

jon camp, upcoming meetups and gratitude

Lisa
user 2917105
Group Organizer
Boulder, CO
hello awesome vegan meetupers(:

this is a bit late but i wanted to thank everyone for last saturday's wonderful feast and inspiring talk with jon camp. special thanks to all the folks who helped with set up and break down- Alexandra, Dawn, Steve and Kellie and my brain is too fried to remember but i know who you are (: as the saying goes...many hands make light work" . thank you! it was a really lovely evening -i posted some photos on the site so check out your smiley faces and make new friends.

if you weren't able to make jon's talk on sat in boulder, you have another another opportunity in denver this coming sunday. see the denver and beyond vegan meetup for details.

one of the tools that jon needs in his work is a powerpoint. i discovered, while he is staying with me, that every town he goes to he has to scramble to find a powerpoint to borrow and then make sure it works and rhythms with his computer etc.... anyway, i was thinking how nice it would be to honor his work with a gift of a power point that he would certainly be put to good use and save him time and energy as he travels the country doing his vital work.
i priced some good powerpoints at $600 and i've already got $200 donated to start with. if anyone has a few extra bucks and wants to contribute to this gift for vegan outreach and jon it would be tax deduct able and i know it would be greatly appreciated.

jon is leaving on sunday so i was hoping we could pick up something this weekend before he left town. if you feel so inclined to donate just shoot me an email and we can figure out the details after. anything would help- $5-$50 or whatever. and of course jon will get a card from the donors. so let me know asap if this is something you are interested in donating to.

i will post sept meetup date tomorrow.

also, just a tease for the upcoming fall and winter meetups:
october will be a surprise theme potluck. it's a surprise bc i haven't thought of it yet but if you have a theme let me know(:

november will be our two year anniversary and our annual pre-"thanks for living" feast
. this is our most popular meetup and will allow folks to get an idea of all the incredible cruelty free dishes that folks can prepare for their own thanksgiving. this year we will have easy recipes to take home and make it super duper easy to share non-violent holiday dishes with one's loved ones that may not get it. at the very least you will learn about dishes you can make (and bring along!) so you don't have to fast while others are dining on a corpse.

december- in addition to our holiday meetup we will have our first annual vegan cookie exchange. more details to follow but think in these terms- you make a batch of one type of cookie and you leave with a dozen different kinds of cookies. these will make great gifts and vegucate friends and family about eggless and mooless baking.

ok, enough for this email. as always please email with ideas, questions, any reason at all.
thank you all for being part of compassionate community-
lisalove struck
A former member
Post #: 1
Do you have a Paypal address so we can easily donate?