The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Boulde Vegan Thanks for Living Potluck Feast & our 2 year Veganversary!!!

Boulde Vegan Thanks for Living Potluck Feast & our 2 year Veganversary!!!

Lisa
user 2917105
Group Organizer
Boulder, CO
Join the boulder and Beyond Vegan Community for our annual Thanks for Living Pre Thanksgiving Potluck. Our "thanks for living" meetup will feature cruelty free thanksgiving foods for those who have families to go back to that may not get the "vegan" thing.

Come and learn some new recipes, taste some wonderful options to the animal flesh/excretions that are typically served on this "holiday" where over 6 million!! turkeys are brutally slaughtered every year! we can do better than this and i encourage all of you to bring your compassionate ways to your friends and families and wow them with your planet friendly creations. call or email with any questions or recipe requests. Please specify what kind of dish you plan on bringing (ie. main course, appetizer, desserts etc)

I will provide three main courses( for gluten free and raw folks as well). the tofu love bomb was a huge success last year and many of you made it for your own families so i will be making that again. if you want to learn how to make this tofu masterpiece ( i wish i can take credit but i found the recipe on line) email me and we'll set up a class of sorts.

the logistics:
Please bring a plant based dish (no animal products) to feed 8, with recipe card and ingredients and your own table setting(to cut down on waste). If you are not of the culinary type no worries at all. call me and i can suggest some store bought items to bring.

Feel free to call or email if you have any questions or need directions.

I am really looking forward to meeting/ reconnecting with everyone and celebrating our Two year Anniversary and a Gentle pre Thanksgiving meetup.

More info will follow as the date gets closer but be sure to RSVP early as this will definitely fill up. I am looking for a bigger space so no one has to be turned away. If anyone has any ideas out there please contact me directly.

peace and peas on your plate-
Lisa

http://www.meetup.com...­
When: November 7, 2009 5:00 PM

Where:
Lisa Shapiro
3030 oneal Pky
Boulder, CO 80301
303-570-2551

Price: $1.00 per person

If the changes affect your plans to attend, please take a moment to update your RSVP. (You can RSVP "No" or "Yes".)

You can always get in touch with me through the "Contact Organizer" link on Meetup: http://www.meetup.com...­