The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup Group Discussion Forum › Animal-friendly candidate for Boulder City Council/Party Fri

Animal-friendly candidate for Boulder City Council/Party Fri

A former member
Post #: 1
Attention: Registered voters in Boulder - This week, ballots are being mailed for your picks for the Boulder City Council. I'm helping elect candidate Valerie Mitchell because in addition to being smart, personable, and a longtime volunteer and advocate for human rights issues, she's also the most pro-animal candidate.

Valerie is vegetarian, has worked with Sinapu, Mission:Wolf, MoveOn and the Boulder Valley Humane Society, and was even endorsed by Council member Lisa Morzel. When I lobbied the Council for animal protection ordinances, Lisa was exceptional at standing up for our prairie dogs, pigeons and other animals. But we need more animal-friendly members on council.

Please vote for Valerie in your mail-in ballot.

On Friday, I'm hosting a Meet the Candidate potluck party at the Arborwood clubhouse on O'Neal Circle, just east of the clubhouse on O'Neal Pkway where many of the vegan meetups are held. Details below. Although I did not mandate this as a vegan potluck, Valerie and I will bring vegan dishes and certainly welcome more. This is a great opportunity to meet a great candidate. Hope to see you!

Jill Bielawski

MEET YOUR CANDIDATE!

Valerie Mitchell for Boulder City Council

Join us for a potluck party at the clubhouse at 3250 O'Neal Circle*

Friday, Oct. 16, 2009 7-10 p.m.

www.mitchellforboulder.com

* Just east of 30th St. betwn. Valmont and Iris; halfway around O'Neal Cir.

Bring a dish! Bring a friend! For more info, call 303.550.1530