addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Boulder (and Beyond!) Vegan Meetup Group Message Board The Boulder Vegan Meetup General Group Discussion Forum › FYI:Morningstar Vegan Crumbles No Longer Vegan

FYI:Morningstar Vegan Crumbles No Longer Vegan

A former member
Post #: 9
Thanks to a friend informing me over the weekend, I found out the good folks at Kellogg have now added milk and eggs to their Crumbles product.

Luckily I've been making my own with setian, so no big loss.

Below is a link to a pic of two packages I had in my freezer. Also a link to some additional info if you're curious.

• Pic: http://files.meetup.c...­

• Info: http://vegweb.com/ind...­

Or read it here:

VegWeb.com

VegWeb Forums => Lovin' the Loot

I didn't see this info. already posted on vegweb (I read it on Vegan Represent), so I figured I'd let you guys know in case you didn't already. So Morningstar Farms, the company that was claiming last year to be cutting down on using eggs, has now added them to a formerly vegan product which I know many of us really enjoy-- the burger crumbles.

I emailed them to complain/inquire and here's their response:

Thank you for your comments regarding Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters™ Grillers™ Recipe Crumbles. We are sorry you did not enjoy the reformulated product.

As you might imagine, we conduct extensive consumer tests to determine consumer acceptance before introducing a food into the national market. Reformulated products are of special concern to us, so we use panels of regular product users across the country to ensure acceptability. Tests on this reformulated product showed that most consumers preferred the new product to the old. However, we realize that taste preferences do differ and can certainly understand your feelings.

Our goal is to ensure that consumers have a choice when considering our brands. We currently offer several Morningstar Farms® and Gardenburger® products that do not contain eggs and are considered vegan. Some of these products are recent additions formulated to reduce our dependence on traditionally sourced eggs. Our Morningstar Farms® and Gardenburger®, vegan products include:

Morningstar Farms® Meal Starters® Chik'n Strips
Morningstar Farms® Grillers® Original Vegan Burger
Morningstar Farms® Hickory BBQ Riblets
Gardenburger® Black Bean Chipotle Veggie Burger
Gardenburger® California Burger
Gardenburger® Flame Grilled Burger
Gardenburger® Garden Vegan Burger
Gardenburger® Breakfast Sausage
Gardenburger® Breaded Chik'n
Gardenburger® Herb Crusted Cutlet
Gardenburger® Veggie Medley Burger

We appreciate your comments and will share them with the appropriate company officials. We have enclosed some coupons which we hope you will use to purchase other products that you enjoy.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts!

Sincerely,

Victor Velasquez
Consumer Affairs Department

A former member
Post #: 28
Thanks! Yeah Morningstar is pretty pathetic. I don't see what their point is trying to be a Veg alternative.