addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
McKenzie
user 11806524
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Hello lovelies!

I was hoping someone might have some helpful answers to my questions. My partner and I are not really "in the money," as they say, spending most of our cash on good food. We took a little trip to Nederland last year, using the bus system and our eco-passes, and had a lovely time. We found no fewer than 4 vegan-optioned restaurants as well as a little co-op selling everything from tempeh to nutritional yeast to...well, you name it.

ANYWAY, here's the question. We want to take another little inexpensive trip somewhere not to far away, and are thinking either Glenwood Spgs. or Idaho Spgs. DOES ANYONE KNOW OF ANY VEGAN RESTAURANTS IN EITHER PLACE? Obviously, it doesn't need to be strictly vegan, but somewhere with an option?

THANKS MUCH!smile

P.S. You all know about daiya, right? It's the coolest, most delicious vegan cheese to come out on the market yet. AMAZING stuff! The Rebellion pizzeria in Denver and Sun Deli in Boulder uses it on their pizza and the Whole Foods should start carrying it soon!
A former member
Post #: 1
I'm not sure about Glenwood or Idaho Springs restaurants, but just to tack on to your P.S. - I know the Whole Foods out in Superior already has Daiya! I saw it there the other day. They are also selling the frozen Gardein products now (crispy tenders, beefless tips, buffalo wings, etc.) as is Vitamin Cottage in Boulder. Yay for more vegan options!
McKenzie
user 11806524
Denver, CO
Post #: 3
I swung by the Whole Foods near my office today and saw Daiya there, too! (University Blvd. and 1st Ave. in Denver.) My Vitamin Cottage has yet to carry Gardein, and I'm scared it won't because it's small, but you give me hope! It's getting easier to have a very varied diet, that's for sure!
A former member
Post #: 3
The Vitamin Cottage in Lafayette has Gardein and I requested that they carry Daiya about two weeks ago.

Lo and behold, today Vitamin Cottage in Lafayette had Daiya in stock! Woot!

I bought some even though I stocked up at Whole Foods. I want to make sure they see a demand. So, if you have a VC near you, I suggest you just put in a request or check to see if they have it.