addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Freemasonry for Men and Women in Salt Lake City, utah Message Board › Free online courses of possible interest

Free online courses of possible interest

A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone!

I wanted to pass along some upcoming free online classes that you might find interesting. While these classes aren't about Freemasonry per se, they do explore areas which might be of interest to those who also study Freemasonry (such as philosophy, aesthetics, mysticism, history, etc.)

If you're not familiar with Coursera, it's basically a conglomeration of online courses offered by world-famous Universities for free. You don't get any transferable credits for taking a course, but you do get to experience great content taught by great professors for no cost. For more about Coursera, click here for info.

Anyway, here are the links to the course description and intro video that I thought might be interesting to members of this group. Just click the title:

Women & The Civil Rights Movement (starts February 25, 2013)

Know Thyself (starts March 4, 2013)

The Ancient Greeks (starts March 18, 2013)

Greek & Roman Mythology (date TBA)

A Brief History of Humankind (date TBA)

Modern European Mysticism & Psychological Thought (date TBA)

New classes are added all the time, so check their catalog­ every few months or so.

I hope this info is useful. Maybe I will see you in some of the class discussions!

Aaron C.