addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Connecticut 20s-40s Social Group Message Board › Coed Softball West Haven Update

Coed Softball West Haven Update

Bill O.
billybuns
Group Organizer
Stratford, CT
I know some of you were interested in the West Haven Coed League. I have a meetup set up for tomorrow but I am also sending out an email.  The games start in a week so we have to get moving. So please serious people only.  Try to come tomorrow but if you cant well do another one early next week. There is more info below.

Ok so those of you that are interested in the coed softball league for West Haven we have to get the ball rolling here. The first game starts next Thursday and we have a lot to do by then.
If anyone is interested in playing (please have experience)  come out if you can. We do not have a full team set yet and we need to do that. We have some players already so depending how many show up, some of you may elect to be fill in players, some may not make it if we have too many, and we will also have to determine peoples skills and positions.
I just made the meeting at flood middle school in Stratford for now but we can change that if its really an big inconvenience for a lot of people (you have to send me a note or post on the page). We cant get a field with lights so we have to do this before it gets dark out for an hour or so.
I realize that the time is early but we have no choice so you can come later if you cant make it at 615 but please try to be there by 7.
We will also meet again next week for those who cant make it tomorrow. Probably Tuesday and/or Wednesday next week. Thursday would be the first game.
Just so everyone knows this will not be free. The cost will be $200 for the team plus $25 a game for umps, plus we need a wood bat for guys and a asa certified for girls. We may have a girls bat though. But should we have to purchase bats that will be an added in cost.
Games will be played on Tuesdays and Thursdays starting sept 12. I believe times will be either 6 or 7pm at Warley Field in West Haven. Its on the water by Chics. The season is 10 games.
We may be able to get a sponsor to pay for some of it or if anyone knows of anyone that would like to sponsor please let me know.
Any other questions please let me know. I will also be sending out an email for this.
If you cant make it please send me a message and let me know you want to play. You must be able to make it at least once before the first game so we know where to put you etc.