Join us for a fun family-style dinner at a great new casual Latin American style eatery in Portland's inner southeast district. Teote blossomed from a former extremely popular food cart and is now a startlingly polished and handsome restaurant. The menu is built upon, but not limited to, the flatbread-like arepa. These are thick pancakes of corn dough, deep-fried until firm on the outside and tender within, then slashed and filled with a variety of slow-cooked meat, picked onions, cheeses and sauces.
We will enjoying a family style meal together. The menu "La Cena" will include: Diablo (Carlton Farms pork belly in a red chile maple sauce, topped with picked onions, verde sauce and queso), Pabellion (Shredded Painted Hills flank steak sauteed with peppers, topped with black beans, verde sauce, plaintain red chili sauce and queso), Perrill (Crispy and succulent Carlton Farms braised pork roast in a Morita chile sauce, cabbage salad, verde saue and queso), Black Beans, Rice, Cabbage Salad, Teote Salad, Fried Plantains, and buttered Arepa.
Here's how we will "roll":
1. Arrive PROMPTLY at 6:15 so we can all be seated together.
2. Fee for the event is 14.50 per person which includes the cost of the meal plus gratuity plus a small amount for the website and meetup fees as I don't charge an annual fee or "joining fee".
3. Please bring CASH to cover cost of your beverages (they make killer 'ritas) and GRATUITY on your beverages. CASH is KING....makes it so much easier to split the bill :-)~!!
4. No food allergies please.
5. No refunds unless meetup is cancelled or rescheduled so please make sure you can make if before securing your spot~~.
That's it~! Should be a fun dinner with lots of great food and conversation among your fellow chefs and foodies :-)......Hope to see you there~~!