November 15, 2012 · 5:15 PM
This location is shown only to members
Note that there is a $10 refund on your meetup fee eve of the event~
It's time for another DELICIOUS cookbook meetup and happy hour~!
This month we will be reading: "Girl Hunter--Revolutionizing the way we eat, one hunt at a time"
"What happens when a classically trained New York chef and fearless omnivore heads out of the city and into the wild to track down the ingredients for her meals? After abandoning Wall Street to embrace her life long love of cooking, Georgia Pellegrini come s face to face with her first kill. From honoring the first turkey to realizing that the only way we truly know where our meat comes from is if we hunt it ourselves, Pellegrini embarks on a wild ride into the real world of local, organic and sustainable food. An inspiring, illuminating and often funny journey into unexplored territories of haute cuisine, Girl Hunter captures the joy of rolling up your sleeves and getting to the heart of where the food you eat comes from.
HERE's HOW WE'LL "ROLL" :
1. Meet up promptly at 5:15 at Olympic Provisions Northwest for Happy Hour.
2. Please read the book in it's ENTIRETY. The book is available through Kindle, Amazon for less than $3, or the local library.
3. Happy Hour Menu at OP looks wonderful. A nice selection of items from $2-$5. Glasses of wine are $5, Beer is $4.
4. Please bring cash to the event.....it makes splitting the bill SO much easier~.
5. There is a 12.00 fee to secure your space. $10.00 will be handed back to you at the meetup. $2.00 goes toward meetup and website fees as I don't charge our members a yearly or joining fee. This also GREATLY helps reduce the "dreaded no-shows". Thanks for understanding . Refunds available only if another member takes your slot if you need to change your RSVP.
Hope you can join us for what I am sure will be a fun and lively discussion! If you are new to our group....feel free to jump in. You will find we are very inviting and inclusive~!!