Feb 23, 2013 · 3:00 PM
This location is shown only to members
The tamale is one of the cornerstones of traditional Mexican cuisine that brings people together through it's intensive cooking process. Enhance your culinary skills and join us as fellow member/cookie Dee takes us through a tamale making class and learn all about this beloved Mexican dish. Dee will introduce you to the fresh ingredients, walk us through the process, and demonstrate the technique of how to make delicious tamales in this 2-2 1/2 hour class. Of course, after this demo and SOME hands-on course, you will be able to enjoy your own creation. Master the recipe and impress your friends and family!
Here's how we will "roll":
1. Dee will make the make some tamales (chicken) ahead of time and leave some ingredients for demo (otherwise we will be staying overnight .
2. Arrive PROMPTLY at 3:00. Dee will distribute a bowel with masa, tamale husks and chicken to all attendees upon arrival.
3. Dee will demo how to make the masa and show us all the spices needed to make the chicken. She will then demo how to spread the masa onto the husk and add the prepared chicken. Next we will put them in the steamers and let them cook from 2-2.5 hours while we chat or watch a movie!
4. Everyone will get hands on stuffing, tying and steaming technique!
5. Everyone will get a few tamales to take home with them!......m-m-m-m-m!
6. This is BYOB event. SO...bring a beverage to share......wine, beer....or "soft" if you are not an imbiber .
7. Fee is an AMAZINGLY low $10.00 per person....compare that with a sur la table or in good taste class at 65.00 on up!! Fee is refunded only if class is cancelled.
Hope you can join us for a fun, educational and delicious afternoon!!!